Well,

When comparing the two, I think there is a disservice to Remedy.  Yes, SNOW
is a Java-coded application and development is a quick cache refresh (ala
the mid-tier and ALs).  But Remedy is a true platform.  I think alot of
that is lost in these discussions.  Most do not compare Apples to Apples,
but Apples to Oranges.  If ITSM is all thats needed then a OOTB SNOW
instance is a preferred path.  But I have too many colleagues who have been
wined and dined by SNOW, and after the initial honeymoon, the scope of
customizations crops up.  Money is spent to have SNOW act like its
predecessor.  And some do feel 'buyers remorse'.

Gartner even elludes to this with a mention of price creep.

As for Remedy and BMC, as a whole, I think with SmartIT and Innovation
Studio, they are on track to provide the best of both worlds.  I have not
been overly excited with the SNOW product, from what I see.  At least OOTB.