From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Mon Jul 30 12:33:41 2007
Subject: How hard is it really? Japanese and Chinese on same server as English

**
I've never really done much in this area. From reading the documentation, it
seems simple to install the different language Locales on the server.

I'm thinking to start out wiith I would create a new field "Locale Details"
that would allow any language entered, but keep all the other standard fields
like Category, Type, Item, Short Description and Details in English so that
Operations personnel (speaking only English) could actually read and escalated
ticket except for any language specific problem.

Other than the fact it would probably blow up my ARSperl scripts to display
tickets via CGI, what else would break and what pitfalls should I assume.

AR System 6.3, patch 021 using Oracle 10gR2 on RedHat RHEL-3 Linux Platform

--
-Geoff Endresen
Amazon.com __20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with