From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Kasell
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 2:13 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Random Email Recipient

**

Hello listers!

Received a heads-up of a possible requirement from management.

They are emphasizing a quality review of help desk tickets and one idea would
have workflow that would identify a random subset of help desk tickets, then
send an email with a link for each ticket to a manager so that the ticket could
be reviewed. At first I thought that this would be easy as I would use an idea
published on this board previously to generate that ticket subset, and then
have the email sent to the manager of the assignee, which is recorded in the
Assignee Manager Login field of the Help Desk form. However, I was told that
the email needs to go out to a random manager who is not the manager of the
ticket assignee - in other words, an ID that does not match that recorded in
the Assignee Manager Login field. Does someone have an idea or suggestion as to
how I might randomly select another manager as an email recipient? Appreciate
the help.

BTW.....we're using ARS 7.0.01 and ITSM 6, and MSSQL 2005.

Thank you!

Joseph Kasell
Global IT Services
Information Services