TANSTAAFL!
   - There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch for those of you that
haven't read Heinlein...

Yea, we might not have to ask "What version of the user tool do you
use" or "Have you tried deleting ARF/ARV files?"
But those questions are quickly replaced by "What browser (and what
version) are you using" and "Have you tried deleting your cookies?"
And then add to those: What are your browser security settings? Do you
have popups blocked? Are you using "No Script?" etc.....

Standardization or simplification at the End User Level usually comes
at the cost of complexity in the underlying infrastructure. And the
taller the stack gets, the more pieces there are to break or be
mis-configured. ( How may of us have had to resort to the 7.1 Admin
tool reg-edit hack because you had a server that was unresponsive to
the User Tool? )

Note that I'm not necessarily saying that "It's a BAD (tm) thing," I'm
just saying that it does NOT make things simpler or lower the total
cost and to use that as a primary selling point is a fallacy, IMHO.

Juan Ingles