Just wondering -- I am always confused by this 5 to 1 concept.

If you have 5000 defined float users - and you have 100 float licenses --
is that 50 to 1 ???

So - to go from 5 to 1 to 8 to 1 -- how are you doing that? Are you taking
away full licenses - and switching people to floats?

Or - are you giving more people float access who used to be Read?

Sorry - if this is obvious.

-John

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Sean O'Sullivan <
sean.osulli...@prudential.com> wrote:

> Good Morning Listers,
>
> Jose,
> We started out by purchasing a fixed licence for most of the folks who use
> the system full time.
> This included helpdesk and operations center folks.  The only ones from
> helpdesk or NOC who got float licenses were those who routinely worked
> night shift.  Because we have most floats freed up during the evening.
>
> We took the rest of the users and made them float licenses.
> We started out with a 5 to 1 ratio.  We slowly increased it over the years
> watching for any reports of being out of tokens.
>
> We're now up to 8 to 1 and never have any "no token" issues.  We are
> thinking of increasing it more.
>
> We have a user base of about 3000 users.  I think that the more users that
> you have to more you can afford to push your float ratio a bit.  You have
> more cushion.
>
> Sean O'Sullivan
> Prudential Financial

*John Sundberg*
Kinetic Data, Inc.
"Your Business. Your Process."
*WWRUG10 Best Customer Service/Support Award*
*WWRUG09 Innovator of the Year Award*
*
*
651-556-0930 I john.sundb...@kineticdata.com