I have recently mentioned this behavior to a few people in our organization
where app ITSM app licensing is already a very hot issue.  I am going to
have to explain this same *issue* to management in the near future.  We
have not deployed ITSM yet so users have not been affected yet.

I am in total agreement with Claire, there needs to be very specific
guidance/information on the very scenario she describes.  BMC promoted
the AR System Customizable Home Page when it was release, and rightful so.
 It is great to have the ability to login and see multiple
dashboards/queues when you first login.  It appears to me that using this
page is the recommended default and probably a best practice.  The problem
is you take a license hit by using this page as the default with one of the
app consoles.  Why should user A who is going into respond to an Incident
have any effect on the available CM licenses just because that is also part
of their role (just not at this very moment)?

Jason