On 31 March 2016 at 04:58, Sébastien Bourdeauducq <s...@m-labs.hk> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 9:37:51 PM HKT Grzegorz Kasprowicz wrote:
> > Well, you don't have to write it.
> > It is already available for RTOS and linux.
>
> We are not using RTOS or Linux.

you can also program it bare metal.
We have such solution in one of our projects where Ethernet is used.

> > But it's true - it occupies MIO bank and dedicated DDR port. But this is
> axi
> > and can be easily accessible from PL part.
> > How many IOs do you need?
>
> IO count is not the problem. The problem is you cannot switch between
> designs
> that use the fabric to talk directly to Ethernet and SDRAM, and designs
> that
> use those questionable hardened blocks.

well, you can talk from PL to Ethernet or SDRAM via AXI.
In this way we build AXI video streaming which goes directly to PS SDRAM.
Only MMU must be either switched off or programmed to give such access.
Greg