Bill de hÃra wrote:
As long as it's XML and otherwise conformant, I think it's fine.

Do you and Julian and Anne and Henri approve?

I don't see how I would want to complain about how you generate your stuff, as long as the result is following the specs.

The point I'm seeing here is that creating markup using string concats is inherently fragile. No surpise there. Wrt namespaces, fragility is eliminated when you stop using defaults (but there are other considerations which keep string concat fragile). Use of div covers off the XHTML case.

IMHO you are better of using HTML in such cases. Since you can not guarentee that your input and therefore your output will always be well-formed XML.

And, now I look at it, Robert is using HTML (the text/html MIME type implies that) so I do not see the problem.

-- Anne van Kesteren <http://annevankesteren.nl/>