Re: This isn't for attention

@Ghostrider,  Gelman has posted on this subject before, to be honest I don't think his views are really about "you!" specifically, he just saw something about suicide and wanted to ride off on his righteous hobby horse, hence the moderation warning and request to decist. I'd have said the same if he'd posted a huge long religious sermon on the "Sin" of suicide, indeed as I said I remember once having to ban a member for that very thing.

There is a huge difference between theory and practice in ethics, indeed in one ethical lecture I was in on the subject of euthanasia, the lecturer (a very vile woman who hated anyone with a y Chromosome), actually said after delivering a similar polemic "Of course don't say! this to anyone who's really thinking about suicide?" She was quite shocked when I stood up and admited that I'd been in the position of considering suicide myself at one time and found her views far too si mplistic.

Then again, she was not a nice person at all (we used to refer to her as Satan's mother), (even towards women, and let alone if you were male).

Btw Ghost rider, how are things with you currently? I gather not good, which is a shame. Feel free to post us an update as to how your doing, sinse at least saying how your feeling is better than not doing so and hopefully on this forum you can say whatever you want.

@Turtlepower, your understanding is appreciated, but as I said, in this case it's not really about "owning this corner of the web", actually I don't own the forum, I am just responsable for people's safety.
The fact here is that Ghostrider has presented a topic where he explains the bad situation he's in currently. Firstly, I'd be pretty much a scumbag if I didn't try to help at least by listening, and even more so if I actively let something harmful occur, eg, insensative ranting of one sort o r another.

Secondly, I do! actually feel slightly responsable for member's safety and wellbeing here, sinse even though this is obviously a forum about games, it's also supposed to be a decent and welcoming community, hence why the only time that rules tend to get inforced is to avoid unpleasantness of one sort or another, and Ghostrider's circumstances definitely qualify as "unpleasant" big_smile.

I suggest now  however that we drop the subject of the discussion of suicide or self harm in general, zealous, theoretical terms, and move back to the much more personal circumstances Ghostrider mentions here.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector