Re: New computer,what should I go for,mac,windows etc

Ahoy all
A few questions that I just thought of.

@exodus, I was comparing the processor that the 2012 mbp has I5 not the I7, because I haven't seen any I7 macs floating around.
Along the same lines, I don't think the moddle I'm looking at is a LA but a md101 HNA or some such.

I did ask the guy in the service center if I could upgrade my ram and hdd that is replace the hdd with a ssd,. To which he was like, you can upgrade the ram to 8gb, but many people do it to 16gb as well,but then if your machine has any issues like overheating we won't support you or something along those lines.
The idiot was like you can't change the hdd in this when I know that it can be done just fine. duh.
See what I mean about having a proper applestore around here...
And, the max processor that I can get my macbookpro 2012 is the one it comes with I.E the I5, because the same guy was like we don't upgrade processors. sad

Now to the questions.
With just the ram upgraded,how well does the mbp run the latest OSX? does it have slow downs or lag? compared to the newer moddles?

I don't know much when it comes to stuff like installing windows and such, but I was under the impression that windows7 could be installed on gpt,as well?
It is highly likely that I'd just get a iso of win7 bootcamp it, and then pirate it using one of the ,many tools out there. because now after the mbp and the ram I won't have enough cash to buy a $0.99 app much less win7. lol
so can that be done on a mbp?

Cheers to the both of you and thanks for the information.