Re: New computer,what should I go for,mac,windows etc

Ahoy there.

Thank you both,Sebby and defender. You both have been really helpful. and of course for putting up with all those questions.

I'm mainly a windows user, that is I have only used windows so far,and everything I do From reading to watching to playing games,torrenting here and there and so on, gets easyly done on windows just fine, but  the reason I have been jumping through hoops whether to buy a apple mac or a windows pc is exactly because of long lasting that is having a long life and quality.
I think defender puts it just right when he says

However, there is no point in having a class pacing machine that breaks before it can show it's value, even if the HP and Dell in question are both quite good in terms of that, so it's ultimately up to you if your willing to take that risk.

For the cost of a mbp,and a ssd,and a ram(80 82k) I could probably get a del I7 6500u? if that's the right name of the processor, with 16gb ram,1tb hdd,4gb or 2gb graph etc, which should last me if nothing at least in terms of performance/slow downs for 4 years minimum.
But that's what I'm not sure about. The quality of the machine as the hole, plus its components lasting for that long.
For example, my lenovo z500,6gb ram,1tb hdd,a I5 third gen M processor, but ever sinse I got it, after a few months it had slowdowns,and not really working as smooth as you'd expect a macchine like that to work. Overheating, lagging when I played injustice it was slightly alright on low settings,but anything over that would threten to break its heart out. Hell, it'd get so hot that I couldn't even touch its left edge for long periods.
Thought it needed cleaning out, had that done, no difference. Formatted it just in case it was infected, no good. and it just carried on from there. Taking ages to boot,word files taking ages to open,that too n ot even 20pages or so. in the end I thought it was just hardware ands let it go.
This ain't saying lenovo is bad all over, the previous machine that I had,4gb ram,core to dio(can't spell the dam thing)processor, ran win7 on it, and I can say it worked far better than the lenovo z500
This is the reason why I am not just looking at specksheets and jumping to get the best processor and so on.
now I know, I most probably won't be able to play games like skullgirls,injustice and so on on a mac,but as long as I get long life,and a hardware that ain't shitty, I'm willing to be without because I never was so good at those anyhow. lol

On the ram front, by god these indian companys really charge as they would the buyers around here.
Example,I whent to amazon.in, and looked for a 8gb ram to put on a mac,and 1x8gb ram kit is costing me about 54/55$ (about 3500INR) and on amazon.com with free international shipping to india, I'm getting 16gb 8gb x2 kits for $53! and 1 8gb for about $27 or so. sheesh.
I guess I have about $100 or so,if I am able to get a small ssd under that, for OS's and such, I am thinking I could squeese in a 8gb ram as well. I'm wondering though, if it would be possible for me to swap out a 2gb apple ram and put in a 8gb crucial kit in that slot and have 10gb ram,without it causing issues?

I've heard that replacing the hdd and ram doesn't void apple warranty however fucking around with the optical does. so I don't think my small ssd idea would work out that good,I.E swap out the optical for a smaller ssd, and keep the internal for movies and so on.

Defender, could you see and let me know if the hp15-ab522tx is similar to the moddle you suggested just with a better processor?

Woot, apple keynote is in a hour or so, finally,looking forward to that,at least.