Re: New IPhone september 16 2016

It goes both ways.  I currently sit with a mac and an iPhone at my disposal, fully aware that as far as accessibility goes, Apple is making no real leaps and bounds, and the reason I've bought into the system thus far is that, for the most part, neither is anyone else.  Solid congruity is attractive and hard to pass up if you get the opportunity.  I believe I mentioned above somewhere that I honestly do dream of a windows future where things are just as synchronized.  The day I see that future arrive, I'll probably buy into it, because to me, accessibility is still about how much devices can do for us, rather than what we can do with devices.  The other is a matter of interest, and if you're interested that's perfectly reasonable
Some of us will truly gravitate towards accessibility when interest is not really there or when convenience overshadows interest, but accessibility and personal preference are two different things.  O ne is the ability the product itself gives without the user actually putting in any effort, while the other is a matter of patience and devotion and time and effort and many other things that I just can't put in anymore because I think I'm getting too old for this, or maybe because I have kids now, or maybe because responsibilities or whatever the case is, but it taxes me.  It's the difference between JAWS and NVDA.  You can count on JAWS being ready to work for you as soon as you install it, ready to tackle just about any possible scenario on windows and perhaps even the net.  NVDA is built with many things in mind, but JAWS has 20 plus years on it.  I am still tweaking NVDA, and it seems like every update breaks my tweaks a little.  I can know without the shadow of a doubt that it'll usually take at least two major versions of JAWS before my personal settings are tampered with.  So, with that in mind, why, on windows, do I use NVDA ?  Because I don't have money for FS, because I have no way of justifying throwing that kind of money at FS even if I did have it, because FS is, as far as I know, still not ready or willing to make JAWS truly affordable to me, and because NVDA is, with my personal configuration, just as good as, and in some cases, better than JAWS.  In the end, this is not a matter of which is truly better overall so much as which is better for me personally and has nothing to do with accessibility, as both products have proven themselves to be accessible.
here, however, the table turns a bit.  Apple has just taken out a substantial part of my day to day life, a tiny hole which, for its size, has contributed immensely to my overall productivity and creativity.  it's present on my book player.  It's present on my TV!  It's present on my PC!  It's present on my stereo!  it's present on my stupid and mostly useless bop-it, and yes, still, still kicking on my current iOS device!  But apple wants me to get rid of it!  On principle alone, I can no longer justify giving Apple money for a new iOS device based on the fact that I don't know how long they will continue to include this adapter before they decide they're going to tell me to get rid of that mindset as well, coupled with the fact that if I lose said adapter for any reason, I have to buy yet another one!  You can call that accessibility; I call it crap!