Re: Why Must People Crack Games

Well I personally can agree with, or at least understand the reasoning behind, allot of what Enes is saying, and I could before as well.
That's why I got so upset when he decided to throw that all away by saying we should all crack anything we want and here's how to do it, so have fun guys!
It's a waste, and yeah, their is a line you can cross, and he did, and that sucks because he makes allot of good points, many of which I've thought about my self.
Even if that line isn't a personal one, it's a forum rule, which he knows.

I too despise the policies of most large publishers, and I also hate overly restrictive DRM, not just as a direct annoyance but also as a concept.
And I think most people do, but most people are also in touch with reality enough to know that without big publishers, many author's would have never been able to share their work with the world, and without any DRM, we wouldn't be able to have many of the services we enjoy, like Spotify, Kindle, Audible, or Netflix, because said publishers would get cold feet about it, and just make their own terrible services, which was what was happening even just a few years ago.
For instance the reason we are able to download music from Youtube legally is because contracts have been signed between Google and Soni, and others as well.
Searching torrents and shady download sites can be difficult and dangerous, especially for beginners, so isn't it better if we can enjoy things legally even just for the convenience of it? :-)

I'm sorry for getting so fired up and personal about it, your right I was more so than you were and I knew that even when I wrote it :-D. People who refuse to see a middle ground have always gotten to me even as a kid, and I thought we were having a constructive argument before you posted that VPN and told people to use it for piracy. I was shocked by that because I was always really impressed with your computer knowledge, and many of the points you were making, as I've mentioned before, made allot of sense, but breaking the forum rules so obviously like that was really disappointing to see.
It doesn't mean I can't still get something out of what your saying though, and I should be mature enough to remember that and not let my emotions take over, even if I still believe in the message behind all I have said.