Re: Christianity or Islam

Greetings Constantine.
You may know that I'm a christian; you may not. However, my job on this Earth is to tell the world of the magnificent love of Christ. I will not force you to agree with me; nor will I try to shove the bible down your throat. My job is simple; I want you to come to Christ, so I must inform you. "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:19-20)
First off, who is God? The Bible, which is the complete and inerrant Word of God, says that God is  all-powerful and all-knowing, and God is  merciful and compassionate. God is  one being, but within the one God there are 3 persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Now, let's discuss Jesus. Most muslems believe that Jesus wasn't created before the formation of the universe, and that he was not begotten. They do not believe in the deity of Jesus, nor do they believe that he was crucified or resurrected. The bible says, however, that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, and that he was crucified to forgive us of sin. (I'll talk about Sin and forgiveness later.) "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)
Jesus says, in the 14th chapter of the Gospel of John, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
Also, the prophet Isaiah predicts Jesus' crucifiction in the old testament: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
Before I tell you about sin and forgiveness, let me tell you about the bible. The Bible is not only the Word of God, but is the ultimate record of the redemption of humanity. It's a perfectly written and inspired love leter, from God to you and I.
Now, on to forgiveness and sin. When Adam and Eve were created by God, they  dwelled in the garden of Eden without sin, death or disease. It was paradise on Earth, until the devil deceived them to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. This is called original sin. Nowadays, humans are born into sin. You and I are both sinners; we've both come short of the glorry of God. We sin on a daily basis; to restore peace between us and God, we need a savior in Jesus Christ.
The appostle Paul says, in his letter to the romans, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." Peter, in the book of Acts, tells us that we must turn to Jesus for salvation. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." And why do we need salvation from sin? Paul says, also in his letter to the roman church: "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
I could continue to speak of the wonders of God's love; I could tell you of the wonderful counceler and comforter, the Holy Spirit; I could even discuss the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. All of this is important; but first, I ask of you. I ask you to turn from your sin, and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ, because in the words of John the baptist, the kingdom of God is at hand.

God bless you, and may God bring you peace.