Re: Christianity or Islam

I'm afraid personally I agree with Ironcross here.

Any person who is actually religious, and I mean really follows and believes in a religious creed rather than just  someone who runs along with something for status or a sense of belonging or something else is part of a religion because they've made a deep personal commitment  a God they have an actual sense of, a commitment that they're prepared to put work into, and a commitment which is not just a one way thing, not just a matter of saying some words or getting pent up with emotions.

this is why the atheist will not understand a religious commitment, since a religious commitment is not based entirely on rationality, or on things which are  perceptible but is a matter off personal exploration, prayer and meditation.

A very nice muslim fellow I once had a chat with said he had to meditate on the Koran each day, and even so he didn't feel he knew much of God as yet.

This isn't to say religion is entirely irrational either, since there are definitely things which are not! part of most religions when practiced properly, e.g  killing people, indeed my muslim friend was most irritated at so called Muslim terrorists for this reason, he actually said "do they know better than God?"

What religion and what path to God you actually choose has to be a personal decision and one which others can't help you with, since it's very much between you and God and whatever way you approach god.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector