Re: Opinions on what makes an audio game engaging

@Dark - I rolled out a new version of Caves Under Thornhill today with a bat squeak noise, the missed arrow noise, and monster eating noise as well as some randomized cave descriptions.  Also, I'm trying out the idea that two caves out from the monster you encounter bones in the caves.  I could see in the future offering a few different layouts of caves or adding the moving wumpus option.

That said, I agree with you, there's only so far one can go with the core mechanic.  Also, Caves is two years old now and a bit tied to the original APIs, it'd be nice to play with some of the newer code for a bit big_smile

Making an alexa version of dark tower sounds like it could be a lot of fun and I like the idea of building something that supports multiple players smile