Re: An interesting scenario, thoughts?

As someone who considers myself to be a devoted Christian, I've had it happen to me as well... and every time I have told them the same thing, and this is something I would say holds true whether you believe in God or not. I usually say no thank you, especially as God obviously made me this way... and somewhere I don't understand there is a good reason for it. That usually satisfies them, and if they still feel the need to do pray for me, then I'll let them do it... because I know in my heart that God knows how I feel and if change isn't in his plan, my blindness won't be going any time soon. But my preference would be not to be prayed over for that kind of thing... and if you're not religious at all then I would understand how uncomfortable that could be. I don't think he should've interrupted your meal like that... I'm not a fan of Christians who push that hard. I think prayer and sharing the gospel are great things... but one should not interrupt a total stranger to do either one.
In conclusion... I would say that it definitely is not something limitted to just South Africa. I'm in one of the least religious cities in Canada, and I think I've had it happen maybe 3 or 4 times that I can remember.

  • [Audiogames-refl... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: bcs993
    • [Audiogames... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: bcs993
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Cinnamon
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: assault_freak
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Joseph Westhouse
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: camlorn
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: fastfinge
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: assault_freak
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Haramir
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Joseph Westhouse
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Haramir
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Joseph Westhouse
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Dark
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: bcs993