Re: a code behind the bible

I am a newly converted christian as of about a month and a half ago. I can say that I was a skeptic until I found my faith, and a huge one at that. I would take passages of the bible out of context to try to prove that God wasn't a loving a merciful God, I would try to shoot down all kinds of scientific evidence that proves that at least some of the events in the bible did happen. I would often get drunk and rant for days about how much I hated even the concept of God, and how if he was real he should be fixing the world, not letting us run rampent. It was bad.

I don't exactly know what changed. I can speculate. One thing might be that I got tired of doing stupid and sickening things while I was drunk. I nearly lost everything that mattered to me over drinking, and it was just starting to get old. Another might be that I met some mormon missionaries while I was working for my mother, and while they were helping us work I had a more generalized discussion with them about religion. Ironically I didn't turn out to be a mormon, I consider myself to be a non-denominational christian. But that, combined with the fact that I'd been talking to my wife about religion for the past 3 years or more, seems to have contributed to my conversion. One day, I just decided to give it a try.

What I've found personally is this. They call it a leap of faith for a reason. It's like stepping off a cliff without looking down and hoping there's a safety net at the bottom. God, the way I see him, can not be run through the logic process, and that is what we, as mortals, try to do. Once you actually start believing, logic is taken completely out of the picture. At least, that's how it was for me.

I find the God follows his word, from personal experience. I've already been blessed several times with things I never thought would happen since I converted. The most major of which is that I no longer have the urdge to drink, aft er praying about it. It's just gone. I had tried to quit on my own several times before, and the longest I ever made it was 6 months. And only then because I was having heart problems. I also got a job I never thought I would get. Last I heard there was just too much paperwork, too many requirements I didn't fill. Then one day after I had been praying about it for a week or so, my boss just calls me up and says, "Hey, you're hired." I consider both of those things to be major blessings.

As for a code in the bible, well the only one I know of specifically mensioned by the bible itself is Revelations, and I've heard it says that only believers will truly understand the book. I haven't gotten there, but I just finished reading the Left Behind books, which cover the future events of Revelations in a more personal light than profacy and which I found to be really cool.

Having personally attacked several members of this community, I know that my credibility is far from stellar. I just wanted to share my personal experiences with the bible here and say that for the most part, I agree with Assault. There's no way to prove that God exists, he won't allow for that. Which is why they call it faith, not science. But you can find evidence that a lot of the biblical events happened, at least good enough evidence to suit me. I try to mix faith with said evidence, and so far it's been working out very well.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BryanP via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BryanP via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kamochek via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector