Hi,

> Try something with a big executable memory footprint (which kde4 has) - -
> There is an on-going discussion on LKML about how/why under some
> conditions executable pages of memory are getting evicted from the page
> cache while they are still in use (which just causes them to be re-loaded).
>
> That problem has the same type of symptom - works fine for awhile (while
> pages are in the page cache) - and then everything slows way down.
> The problem reported on LKML can be seen when copying very large files.
I can not confirm this. I just copied a 1gig file without problems and even
running openoffice works. But as soon as i start /usr/kde/4.2/bin/kdeinit4 my
load goes to 100% cos of pdflush.

Btw, I'm very sory for the wrong info J.R. i testet my old system with aufs1
(aufs 20090126) on 2.6.28 and it does the same stuff with pdflush.

Cheers, Alex

--
Alexander Krause
Amtmann-Kästner-Platz 11