My understanding is that at present we have a
Project beyond 3000 underway
(encouraging clubs around Australia to have current members look to re-engage
former members or engage friends).
To be active in April 2017.

This may sit within a business plan. As it seems similar to an Executive
Officer initiative by a similar name several years ago. And has drivers similar
to advocacy from the late Maurice Little to regions years prior.
I am unsure about who the responsible officer in the current case is, or what
enabling budget is allowed for.

The detail appears to include GFA charging 50% national fee for people taking
this up, with that money to then go to the engaging club 12 months later.
I haven’t thought through what that incentive represents against the (student)
pilot’s spend on going to the club, launching, flying, instruction costs for
that year.

>From each club’s viewpoint, the counterpart consideration is the available
>resources to service incoming members, and hence to what extent to activate
>the project within their own circumstance.

Emilis