Jacki,
I see someone answered your question.  Yes, all ships first went to
Honolulu where the people were process.  The Portuguese immigrants
went through the Portuguese Consulate and were recorded in those
logs.  Those logs are on microfilm with the LDS church.  The consulate
logs are a good resource because the bridge the gap.  The passporte
records says who applied to leave for Hawaii, the ship manifest tells
you who was on board ship, and the consulate log tells you who
arrived--sometimes including names not on the other records such as
children born on the voyage.

As you are looking for Portuguese Hawaiians, have you visited
mywebsite.  www.yourislandroutes.com?  I have indexes to Portuguese
Hawaiian Memories, Robert DeMello's Azorean passports, as well as some
other records.  There is also alot of general information on genealogy
and heritage.

Thanks,
Mel