Elaine

You might give this a try:

Windows 7 has a compatibility mode which allows you to run a program in an
earlier version of windows.  Find the short-cut or icon that you click to
start FTM.  RIGHT click on it.  Choose troubleshoot compatibility.  You will
be given two choices.  (1) Try Recommended Setting and (2) Troubleshoot the
program.  Choose (2) .  When it opens It will give you 4 choices.  Choose:
This program worked in an earlier version of windows but won't run now.
Select that one and then click next.  It will then ask you to select the
version of windows that the program worked in before.   Select Windows XP.
If you had all of the service pack updates to XP you will select XP3.  Then
select next.  It should then say start the program.  Click on it.  Hope this
helps.

Roselyn

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Linda Norton <[email protected]> wrote:

> So the moral of the story is stick with FTM 2011?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf
> Of
> Richard Francis Pimentel
> Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:29 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: [AZORES-Genealogy] Need Computer Guru's Help Win XP vs Win 7
> Family Tree Maker Question
>
> Hi Elaine,
>
> I loaded FTM 16 from my desk top which ran on windows XP to my laptop which
> has windows 7. I can't remember how I did it though. I think I moved the
> whole program onto a flash drive because I was not sure I could down load
> the upgrade for it. FTM 16 is FTM 2006 with an upgrade which was downloaded
> that makes it FTM 16. I have since stopped using FTM 16 and have taken it
> off my drive on the laptop. I still have it on my desk top along with FTM
> 2011 which is on both computers.
>
>
> Rick
>
>  Richard Francis Pimentel
> Spring, TX
> Formerly of Epping, New Hampshire
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf
> Of
> "E" Sharp
> Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:27 PM
> To: azores
> Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Need Computer Guru's Help Win XP vs Win 7
> FamilyTreeMaker Question
>
> I purchased a netbook and my son is downloading all my software onto it.
> When he went to download my FamilyTreeMaker Version 16, it says it cannot
> be
> done and I have to upgrade but he says it all appears to be
> there.....anyone
> else had this problem switching from Windows XP to Windows 7?  I do not
> want
> a newer version as I like the one that I have.  Are they just telling me I
> have to upgrade so I have to pay for something I do not want?
>
> Thank you.
> Elaine
>
> --
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions
> when they arrive.
> For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the
> right
> that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
>
> --
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions
> when they arrive.
> For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the
> right
> that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
>
> --
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions
> when they arrive.
> For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the
> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
> membership."
>

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to