I used FTM 2006 (16) for years and was very comfortable with it. I got 2008
and did not like it and then 2009 and did not like that as well I just kept
using 2006 (16). I guess I got 2011 when it first came out and while I still
like 2006 (16), 2011 is better than 2008 & 2009. I have stopped using 2006
now and am forcing myself to use 2011. There are some things I still have to
learn with it but I find it is easier to make major changes in such things
as source references and standardizing entries on previous data.

 

The biggest thing I don't like is entering data is a little more awkward.

 

Rick

 

Richard Francis Pimentel

Spring, TX

Formerly of Epping, New Hampshire 

 

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 12:05 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Need Computer Guru's Help Win XP vs Win
7 Family Tree Maker Question

 

Thank you, Eric and all, 

I do have both my computers back. The new mini is running Windows 7 as far
as I know. I am, well my spouse is, hooking the new computer up today. My
son gave me a larger screen for home to hook it up to and I will use the
little one when travelling. I am still considering upgrading to the newest
FTM and I would like feedback from anyone who has the newest version of
FTM...problems learning, what it will, will not do that the old one did,
etc. I believe I did see this on a screen at the genealogy conference in
Pleasanton and was not sure I liked it. 

By the way, I needed an obit for quite some time from the San Jose CA area
and finally made it down to the Sunnyvale Public Library. Staff is great but
the Library only carries the San Jose papers on film. No papers from other
areas. Fortunately, the obit I was looking for was from the San Jose area
and I did find it. 

"E" 
If this rain does not stop SOON, I am going to turn into a raiNsin! 

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to