Elaine,
   I now have Windows Vista it came with the Dell I bought a couple of years 
ago.  It was a pain to get used to that.  
   I began with FTM 3 (I think) and finally upgrated to 6 (16).  I like this 
version of FTM, it works for me.  
   At the same conference in Pleasanton, I saw the newer FTM program and do not 
like the fact that the "family page" is so cramped.  There is an index on one 
side and other information that I think would make a small  screen too busy for 
my old eyes.  I am resisting any upgrades at this time.  
   Just another "mature" lady's opinion.
Celeste, Hayward, CA 

Celeste Perry [email protected]

--- On Mon, 3/21/11, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:


From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Need Computer Guru's Help Win XP vs Win 7 
Family Tree Maker Question
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, March 21, 2011, 10:04 AM


Thank you, Eric and all, 

I do have both my computers back. The new mini is running Windows 7 as far as I 
know. I am, well my spouse is, hooking the new computer up today. My son gave 
me a larger screen for home to hook it up to and I will use the little one when 
travelling. I am still considering upgrading to the newest FTM and I would like 
feedback from anyone who has the newest version of FTM...problems learning, 
what it will, will not do that the old one did, etc. I believe I did see this 
on a screen at the genealogy conference in Pleasanton and was not sure I liked 
it. 

By the way, I needed an obit for quite some time from the San Jose CA area and 
finally made it down to the Sunnyvale Public Library. Staff is great but the 
Library only carries the San Jose papers on film. No papers from other areas. 
Fortunately, the obit I was looking for was from the San Jose area and I did 
find it. 

"E" 
If this rain does not stop SOON, I am going to turn into a raiNsin! 
-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that 
says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."


      

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to