Thanks, Cheri and João for your input on this.  I currently have PAF 5 and am 
looking to move to Heredis 2014 since it is Mac based so I will look into how 
or if I can label these parents as adoptive.  

My next question would be - do I bother to research the Benevides line since 
they are not biological? Or maybe I should just find out who Francisco's 
adoptive siblings were?  Since I can't research the biological on him any 
further I think I'd at least like to have a snapshot of his family life with 
the the Benevides'.  

Joanne

On Oct 25, 2013, at 4:18 AM, João Ventura <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Cheri and Joanne
> 
> Yes, creating two families (two sets of parents) is also possible. But in 
> this case, his biological parents are unknowns.. I don't think it's useful to 
> create such a 1-person family. Depending on the program, you can set what 
> type of relationship the parents have to the child, and marking this one as 
> adopted should suffice to say that these aren't the biological ones..
> 
> I'd clearly add the Benevides as parents of Francisco, not simply as notes. 
> These were for all purposes the only parents he knew. However, there's no 
> denying that the DNA is from someone else..
> 
> João
> 
> 
> On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:00:44 PM UTC+2, Cheri Mello wrote:
> Joanne M,
> 
> I haven't been following this thread closely.  I just noticed you are talking 
> about a biological versus an "adopted" type parentage.
> 
> In my genealogy program, my cousin has 2 sets of parents:  biological and 
> adoptive.  My genealogy program allows for this.  And I really should say 
> it's not parents. It's just dad.  He has a  biological dad and the dad who 
> raised him and legally adopted him.
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, 
> Achada
> 
> -- 
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right 
> that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to