I don't know. 
I think this is my family.
The names are all family names.
The first names are right.
The dates and village are right.
If it is them, there will be 7 more children:


   - 
   Alfredo Carvalho 
   <http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/53207035/person/26106961840>
   - 
   Anna Carvalho 
   <http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/53207035/person/26203263669>
   - 
   Antonio Carvalho 
   <http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/53207035/person/26203263568>
   - 
   Cecilia Carvalho 
   <http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/53207035/person/26203263677>
   - 
   Christina Carvalho 
   <http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/53207035/person/26203263644>
   - 
   Manuel Carvalho 
   <http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/53207035/person/26203263592>
   - 
   Jose Joachim "JJ" Carvalho 
   <http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/53207035/person/26106360198>1884 – 1964
   - 
   Maria Carvalho 
   <http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/53207035/person/26203232324>1890 – 1962
   - 
   Joao John Joachim Carvalho 
   <http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/53207035/person/26121135035>1903 – 

On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 8:38:02 PM UTC-8, luiznoia wrote:
>
> Annie, 
>
> Yes a different Carvalho family. 
>
> The record that says Maria Jose de Freitas is the same person. It could be 
> a transcription error by the archivist, or the way the priest wrote it.
>
> I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. My mom's family came from Flores and 
> I have cousins raised there that are now in the US and Canada.
>
> Eric 
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Annie Carvalho <[email protected] 
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Eric, 
>>
>> I want to be sure I understand you.
>>
>> Are you saying this family you gave me information for is not my family?
>> Because the names and dates fit, but my family did NOT go to Hawaii, 
>> though I'm in contact with a good friend in Hawaii whose husband is a 
>> Carvalho.
>>
>> And are you saying that 
>> Maria de Jesus de Freitas and
>> Maria de Jose de Freitas are the same person because a different priest 
>> did the recording?
>>
>> Thank you for all the information. I really appreciate it. 
>> I figured out after a bit that the paternos and maternos were the 
>> grandparents. 
>>
>> Do you live in Flores? Because my Tio Alfredo just passed away there a 
>> few years ago and I still have a cousin, Joaquina, who lives there with her 
>> husband whose last name is Felix. I'm not sure what became of the house 
>> that Tio Alfredo lived in, but it is the same house his parents lived in 
>> and I have both an old photo of the house waaaaay back when and then a new 
>> photo I took when I was in the Azores a few years ago.
>>
>> A photo of that house and of my grandfather and his family can be seen on 
>> my blog at this link:  Our Precious Past 
>> <http://www.ourpreciouspast.blogspot.com/2015/02/jj-carvalho-short-biography.html>
>>
>> Again, thank you for the information.
>> Annie
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 9:11 AM, luiznoia . <[email protected] 
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>>> Annie, 
>>>
>>> The Carvalho family I worked on came in 1911 to Hawaii, then settled in 
>>> the Niles, Alameda, California
>>>
>>> The parish church for the freguisia of *Bretanha* in the concelho of *Ponta 
>>> Delgada*, island of* Sao Miguel* is called *Nossa Senhora de Ajuda*, so 
>>> the records read *Ajuda de Bretanha*. 
>>>
>>> *Nossa Senhora de Ajuda* means Our Lady of Help ( or assistance). There 
>>> is another freguisia in the neighboring concelho of *Ribeira Grande* 
>>> called *Fenais de Ajuda*, so it's important to know which one to look 
>>> in.
>>>
>>> Paternos-  the father's parents,  Materno-the mother's parents
>>>
>>>
>>> On differences in names in records- It's common that a persons baptism 
>>> record, marriage (casamento), and death record (obito) are going to be 
>>> written by different priests
>>>
>>> The way they record the names does tend to change. In the marriage 
>>> record, she was recorded  as Maria Jose de Freitas, yes, same person
>>>
>>> The baptism record shows the given name at birth, but the middle name 
>>> used later is often the confirmation name. The surname can be the father's, 
>>> mother's , any of the
>>>
>>>  grandparents, or a combination of those, and maybe an alcunha 
>>> (nickname) added. 
>>>
>>>
>>> Eric Edgar
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 8:04 AM, Cheri Mello <[email protected] 
>>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Repost for Annie Carvalho, anniesantiago13 at gmail.com
>>>> (Note: Because these were multiple messages sent within minutes of each 
>>>> other, they were being flagged as spam.  All responses are being placed 
>>>> into 1 message on the correct thread.  Thank yous were deleted).
>>>>
>>>> Yes, Emma and her parents are full Azorian Portuguese. Their name was 
>>>> Tomas, and was changed to Thomas.
>>>> They were from the island of Pico.
>>>> Are you asking for dates for Emma and JJ Carvalho?
>>>> ==============
>>>> John, did your uncle own a gas station in Hanford?
>>>> ==============
>>>> Some of these names are very familiar.
>>>> I will look at this closely today.
>>>> ==============
>>>> I was surprised the passport didn't have her birthdate on it.
>>>> Did you see it?
>>>> I knew she was born in Santa Cruz - that was a mistake on my part.
>>>> Thanks for catching it.
>>>> ============
>>>> Eric, that Carvalho family from San Jorge may be my ex-husband's family.
>>>> I will contact him and let him know.
>>>> ============
>>>> Is Bretanha, Ajuda a place?
>>>> I thought it was a family surname.
>>>> I found this name carved in the door at the Bishop's prison in St. Jean 
>>>> Pied de Port when I walked the Camino Santiago.
>>>> I have a photo.
>>>> I'll try to find it and post it.
>>>> ============
>>>> Eric,
>>>> When you say "paterno" I'm not sure who this is?
>>>> ==========
>>>> My grandmother is Maria de JESUS de Freitas, not Maria de Jose de 
>>>> Freitas.
>>>> Is this the same person?
>>>> Annie
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>  -- 
>>>> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
>>>> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the 
>>>> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my 
>>>> membership."
>>>> --- 
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>> an email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>>>
>>>
>>>  -- 
>>> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
>>> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the 
>>> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my 
>>> membership."
>>> --- 
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the 
>>> Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit 
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/azores/dT50_Os4d74/unsubscribe.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to 
>>> [email protected] <javascript:>.
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>>
>>
>>  -- 
>> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
>> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
>> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the 
>> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my 
>> membership."
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "Azores Genealogy" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>
>
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to