Hi João,

Thank you for all of the info as well. It is interesting how this family
line produced several connections. I also have a Family Finder match who is
descended from Maria Coelho (sister of Pedro Jose de Avelar (my direct
ancestor), and of Faustino Jose de Avelar.

I was thinking, there has to be a connection with the name surname Avelar
that give a clue as to who the father of Pedro Jose, Faustino Jose, Monica
Coelho and Maria de Jesus are. Their mother, Florencia Rosa, doesn't seem
to be connected with the Avelar surname, so it is probably from the father.
There are a couple individuals who may be the father from the town, but
obviously I couldn't say for sure.

In terms of tracking down Florencia, hopefully I will be able to find her
death record, as well as the death record of her mother Maria Coelho a.k.a.
Maria de Fraga Nunes. Would you guess that Maria de Fraga Nunes also came
over from Corvo to Flores?

David