> Is it possible that these stats could be provided
> automatically, say on a daily basis so it can be used to
> track the use of browsers and platforms.

No.

Slightly longer answer - the stats system is problematic, and doesn't
provide easy ways to route this kind of thing externally. It's under
strain from the ammount of data it has to process already, and it's
supported by a hugely overworked bloke called Danny. I could ask him,
but he'd give me a look like I'd strangled his puppy. I don't like
making Danny sad.

I'll try and remember to send browser / OS updates once a month when I
prepare (lovingly, by hand, at great personal pain and grief) our
internal stats reports.

Not really the kind of thing I can divert resource to automating, even
to make my life easier, sorry :(