What's your browser's user-ident? Maybe one of the Mac-supplied drivers in
their driver package is altering the user-agent somehow and the bbc site
isn't authorising access on that basis. Only a guess...
 
Is your XP install updated to SP2?
 
If all else fails, I'm sure someone could send you BBC-iPlayer_Setup.exe
(which updates to the latest version periodically anyway)...


  _____  

From: David Wood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: 28 July 2007 09:30
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [backstage] iPlayer Today?



On 7/27/07, James Bridle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 


Looking forward to seeing what it looks like in XP on my Intel Mac...


 
Doesn't appear to work on my MacBook, both booting into an almost freshly
installed XP SP2 and through XP via Parallels on Mac OS, through Internet
Explorer, or through Firefox with IE Tab. When I come to download, the site
is giving me the rather odd message of: 

"Sorry - to use the BBC iPlayer you need the following 
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer
- Windows Media Player" 

...where all the requirements are ticked. (Using with non-IE Tabbed Firefox
or directly from Mac OS turns the relevant ticks into crosses, which is what
you'd expect.) According to the instructions, this is when the kontiki app
should kick in and install... 

I can vaguely see why it might not work through Parallels, but I'm not sure
why booting directly into XP doesn't. Hrmmm.



Reply via email to