The choppy and pixelated video issue is due to a lack of sufficient drivers
for the Mactels to enable DirectX-accelerated hardware video rendering for
video playback (hardware-accelerated DX primary surfaces are just something
you take for granted until they go wrong or disappear entirely one day!)
What you've described sounds like a classic case of a graphics driver
running in low-acceleration mode or entirely in software acceleration mode.
:/

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jonathan Tweed [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Sent: 29 July 2007 16:40
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [backstage] iPlayer Today?
> 
> On 27 Jul 2007, at 16:18, James Bridle wrote:
> 
> > Looking forward to seeing what it looks like in XP on my 
> Intel Mac...
> 
> I installed it under Parallels on my MacBook Pro yesterday. 
> No problems during installation (I had sorted out any WMP 
> issues a couple of months ago when I last tried it).
> 
> The video plays fine in a window, but is choppy and pixelated 
> full screen. I would be interested to hear if it's any better 
> under VMware Fusion.
> 
> Cheers
> Jonathan
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To 
> unsubscribe, please visit 
> http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
>   Unofficial list archive: 
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to