2008/6/13 Jonathan Tweed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Surely the point is that flash embedded content is a plain, simple, easy
> thing that works. That makes it more user friendly than before.

It looks like the audio data's just MP3; it would be even more user
friendly if it just used HTTP instead of obfuscating it with a
proprietary protocol (RTMP). Then you wouldn't need Flash at all,
although it does make it easier to click and listen in a web page.

(Worried about people 'stealing' the audio? Don't be. I and other
people have been merrily downloading Real streams for years. It's
better quality if you grab it straight off air, though. My radio does
that, by the way.)

Paul.