--On Thursday, February 04, 2021 5:13 PM +0100 Alexander Kobel <a-ko...@a-kobel.de> wrote:

Distro support is a serious thing to consider. In general, backuppc will
happily work with whatever is the default file system of your
distribution. For CentOS and RedHat, XFS is the obvious choice, and BTRFS
will not give you any benefit except for compression, but potentially a
wealth of trouble. You shouldn't need a whole lot of fancy features like
snapshotting, copy-on-write, deduplication etc. on your pool anyways.

I think I'm down to XFS vs ext4. Are there any strong advantages of either for use as a BackupPC pool?