"I thought there was a passage in Gleanings which states that all of the
Prophets have come from the Holy Land.  Of course, this may not preclude
Messengers."

Dear Matt,

What's the Holy Land?

Dear Susan,

I think the piece from TDP p. 85 that Sandra just quoted answers this:

"THE BLESSED state of California bears the utmost similarity to the Holy Land, that is, the country of Palestine.

This is consistent with all other references I've seen. Of course, since 1948 we might give a different answer, but it's still the same place.

Regards,

David

Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - talk to family and friends overseas!

---------- You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://list.jccc.net/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=bahai-st news://list.jccc.net/bahai-st http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist (public) http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (public)