Dear all,

On Saturday 07 September 2013 11:20 PM, Sriram Narayanan wrote:
> I've sent a few emails to Svaksha - first asking what exactly was
> not right, and then followed up stating that I didn't see the
> source code itself.
>
> I don't know what Anand had in mind writing such code. Knowing him
> and his strong sense of sarcastic humor, I'd like to reserve
> judgement on his actions until he explains himself. I know that he
> does care about educating folks about Python and helping evangelize
> it.

+1. Btw, I founded and manage this list, but I see my "actions"
deserve some explanation. As Sriram, said I do have a (somewhat
extreme) sense of sarcastic and dry humour. I am also a PSF member
from 2010 and also President of PSSI.

I was going through the PyLadies initiative and I found what
were a few interesting (intriguing) things about it.

1. Most FOSS/open source projects/initiatives have a .org
(organization) TLD. Pyladies is a .com website. I find it
curious. Maybe the OP of this thread who is an active member
of PyLadies could explain it  - just to educate all of us here
and me in particlar.

My "isnt_that_odd" function of ladies.py was specifically written
to bring this point. Happy to see it hit the target.

2. Mission - It would be nice to educate us all in this list
about the goals of a separate organization for "ladies coding"
as apart from the general PSF umbrella. I am not misogynistic
in anyway, but in general I don't personally agree with
"woman coding" as a separate problem as opposed to "people
coding".

Btw, I am not a shady character though I stand indicted on
being politically incorrect and I plead guilty as charged.

The "project" was started (in a light way) to bring this into
attention. Now that the conversation has started, let me bring
shutters on it without releasing a 0.2.

Anyway the unit tests were failing :)

> -- Ram
>

> On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM, svaksha <svak...@gmail.com> wrote: