Hi Anand,

Please find my answers inline.

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Anand B Pillai <anandpil...@letterboxes.org
> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> On Saturday 07 September 2013 11:20 PM, Sriram Narayanan wrote:
> > I've sent a few emails to Svaksha - first asking what exactly was
> > not right, and then followed up stating that I didn't see the
> > source code itself.
> >
> > I don't know what Anand had in mind writing such code. Knowing him
> > and his strong sense of sarcastic humor, I'd like to reserve
> > judgement on his actions until he explains himself. I know that he
> > does care about educating folks about Python and helping evangelize
> > it.
>
> +1. Btw, I founded and manage this list, but I see my "actions"
> deserve some explanation. As Sriram, said I do have a (somewhat
> extreme) sense of sarcastic and dry humour. I am also a PSF member
> from 2010 and also President of PSSI.

I find it ironic that a person of such high caliber should create a public
repo to make fun of others initiative.  Not only your actions deserve an
explanation, you ought to be sorry for making fun of others efforts.

> I was going through the PyLadies initiative and I found what
> were a few interesting (intriguing) things about it.
>
> 1. Most FOSS/open source projects/initiatives have a .org
> (organization) TLD. Pyladies is a .com website. I find it
> curious. Maybe the OP of this thread who is an active member
> of PyLadies could explain it  - just to educate all of us here
> and me in particlar.
>
> Since you are on the Pyladies blr list also, were there any legitimate
questions raised regarding the intentions, goals of Pyladies Bangalore. Any
email, any kind of communication to find out from your side, none? Please
do not assume things without asking questions. If you had asked me over an
email, I would have told you. Why create a separate repo, write code that
is demotivating my well informed intentions?

Since you are asking the questions now, I will try to be patient and answer
them. But you need to apologize.

I created the website using Godaddy's website builder. I have been trying
to get other women to try and write website code using Python and Django
frameworks. I have coded some of the blog code and am yet to set it up on
godaddy domain. I spent money from my pocket to get other people to
understand that I am serious about getting other women to code. One of my
first ideas was to write Pyhton/Django code for the blog, make it a
hacknight or a platform to gather women and start coding on it. Any reasons
other than that, none!

> My "isnt_that_odd" function of ladies.py was specifically written
> to bring this point. Happy to see it hit the target

So you do agree that your intention was to make fun of Pyladies Bangalore.
I demand that you apologize for that.

> 2. Mission - It would be nice to educate us all in this list
> about the goals of a separate organization for "ladies coding"
> as apart from the general PSF umbrella. I am not misogynistic
> in anyway, but in general I don't personally agree with
> "woman coding" as a separate problem as opposed to "people
> coding".
>
> Like I told you before, my intention was not to create a separate
organization, I did ask questions regarding participation of women? Please
read your answers for that.

> Btw, I am not a shady character though I stand indicted on
> being politically incorrect and I plead guilty as charged.
>
>  No you are not shady, you just created a public repo to make fun of my
efforts. I will stand for any woman who wants to learn to code, get back to
Python jobs, etc. You made fun of all those women who are currently wanting
to learn Python, and get back to jobs. There are efforts all over the world
to increase participation of women in technology. By making fun of my
effort, you are mocking all of those.

The "project" was started (in a light way) to bring this into
> attention. Now that the conversation has started, let me bring
> shutters on it without releasing a 0.2.
>
> Anyway the unit tests were failing :)

Light or not light, being a responsible member of PSF, you need to honor
and/or uphold the code of conduct. I am politely requesting you to
apologize.

> > -- Ram
> >

> > On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM, svaksha <svak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> https://github.com/pythonhacker/ladies.py, comes off as trying