On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Vinayak Hegde <vinay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Svaksha,
>
> This can be fixed by sending a mail to the author and in this case,
> forking, modifying and asking for a pull request.
>
> Why is there a necessity to name and shame ?

Is'nt Anand Pillai a PSF member? This is hardly what one expects from
a PSF member.

>  I did not find anything
> derogatory in the code (that I checked).

From, https://github.com/pythonhacker/ladies.py/blob/master/__init__.py

def get_purpose():
    """ Return the purpose """
    raise AmbiguousMissionError, "Mission unclear"

> I would normally have responded to this offlist but I see this as
> trolling[1].

Oh, thanks Vinayak, but would you care to explain how I am trolling
when the above is clearly breaking the CoC:
http://www.python.org/psf/codeofconduct/ , by making fun of Anu's
efforts publicly. Hardly "Open" or "Considerate" and definitely not
"Respectful".

If Anand can create a public repo on github to poke fun of another
Python community member, why would you object to me raising it in the
same public forum that we are all an equal part of? Are there
different standards now?

svaksha ॥ स्वक्ष