Jimmbo,

You might want to look at it from a different perspective: "what is
the problem you're trying to solve?", not from the perspective of:
"which file-management tool will do what I want?".

>From what you describe, you've got a lot of different scraps in flight
and would like a safe place to put them that doesn't have to be well
organized, but can be searchable, taggable, and organized when/if you
need.

I'd suggest that Evernote solves your problem.  You can use BBEdit as
your primary editor still, cut and paste stuff to Evernote.  Have
stuff by default go into an INBOX and keep different notebooks for
categorization as you feel like and when you feel like organizing.
Simply copy/cut the text in question and then a ^-cmd-v shortcut (at
least in my configuration) will create a new Evernote note from what
you have in the clipboard.  It'll bring it right up, you can tag it,
close it and go right back to your editing in BBEdit.

Later you can organize your notes as you need.  You can search on the
text or the tags (or both) and so on...  Safe, but quick and as
organized or unorganized as you need.

Anyway, that's one solution to the problem you're describing.

- Steve