Dear Frank,

The E. coli scare is absurd. I question whether there is a single human on
this continent that doesn't have E. coli in their intestines. On the other
hand, the HR 157:H7 strain that is so pathogenic is a feed lot breed. It
isn't cattle herds on pasture that have it, it is herds in confinement
being fed on grain by-products. This produces a chronic diarhea condition
in the cattle and hence they get HR157:H7. My local slaughter house that
only slaughters local pastured beef gets tested twice a week and has never
had any HR157:H7 show up.

It is pathetic when fear stampedes people and they ignore the science of
the subject.

Best,
Hugh Lovel
Visit our website at: www.unionag.org