Hello Learned group,

I have a BBB with Debian version 2017-03-19, the latest release as far as I
know, with a 4D systems display. I have made a Python script using TkInter,
running fine on another BBB system with an older Debian version.
I made a simple testscript using TkInter as well. Running the testscript
form XTerm or UXTerm (what is the difference?) works: a simple window pops
up.
Running the same from Debian bash directly displays the well known error
above. I googled a lot but no answer found yet.
The older system with similar software runs fine from autostart. Maybe I
need to do here as well? I can not find autostart in the lastest Debian
version: it must be in a different directory that I know of.
Finally: if I run the original script (running fine on the older system) I
just get a blank screen and system halts.
Hope you can help me out.
Many thanks in advance,
Harke

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/8829a0b4-5be1-4ccc-b333-09fbcea9b4ba%40googlegroups.com.