I have experience with various C6x DSP EVM and custom boards, but I've
never worked with a Sitara board.

What is driving the need to use Linux in the development/debug workflow? Is
it development on the ARM portion, or development on the C6x DSP? Or both?

I recently ordered the Beagleboard x15 (just got a batch at Digikey of the
Rev C's get 'em while they're hot), so I'll be tackling a similar situation
soon. I was figuring that since CCS can run on Windows it would cover at
least the DSP part of development. Then for any Linux part, I could use
Visual Studio '17 with the Linux dev/debug support (just need SSH and
compiler on target).

I'm not against working in Linux per se, and I definitely don't mind
targeting Linux for embedded work, but I have my main dev gear running
Windows and I don't want to lug around extra gear.

Raul

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/5e2840f5-0e75-42a4-bc2f-3f0892948a0d%40googlegroups.com.