[changing subject line]

On Sat, Jul 22, 2023 at 3:41 AM Daniele Nicolodi <dani...@grinta.net> wrote:

> On 19/07/23 22:03, Eric Altendorf wrote:
> > In a related vein, are there other reporting tools I can use with v3
> > to generate even non-interactive reports?
>
> It really depends on what you intend for reporting tools. I use
> beanquery for extracting data from my ledgers, but it is not exactly
> what most people would call a reporting tool.

Thanks, I have played around a bit more with bean-doctor and also seen in
the documentation what look like a lot of capabilities for reporting.

What I would like is a human readable and auditable report of asset
transactions, with booking decisions, that justify profit/loss and capital
gains numbers.  I'm not an accountant so I don't really know if there's a
typical format for that type of report.  My guess is that a report which
shows transactions and how sales are booked against the inventory, with a
snapshot of the inventory interleaved every n lines, might be roughly what
I want.

Any recommendations on what a CPA might want to look at to audit, or which
Beancount tools I should investigate to build such a report, would be most
appreciated!

Thanks,
eric