Matthew Whipple wrote:

> The open must have failed.  You could work on getting a more descriptive
> error message but I'd suggest starting with the the path and
> permissions.  Also check to make sure existing files are handled
> properly.  Make sure the path used is relative to its environment (if
> the server is chrooted or anything).

If the open failed then wouldn't the die kick in and at least say something in
the server logs?  Also how would one go around and get a more descriptive error
message?  For testing reasons the path is pointing to /tmp which is world
readable and writable, as for the file it seems the script is looking for
something other than what I want rereading my logs I found this:

upload: print() on closed filehandle OUTFILE at /srv/www/cgi-bin/upload line
47, <fh00001myfile.html> line 46.

What is with the fh00001 in front of the file?