On Friday 21 November 2008 11:23:11 am you wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 10:49 -0500, Adam Jimerson wrote:
> >
> > If the open failed then wouldn't the die kick in and at least say
> > something in the server logs?  Also how would one go around and get a
> > more descriptive error message?  For testing reasons the path is pointing
> > to /tmp which is world readable and writable, as for the file it seems
> > the script is looking for something other than what I want rereading my
> > logs I found this:
>
> Sorry I glanced at the wrong open statement regarding the above advice.
> You may however want to use the cgi_error function to catch some
> potential problems with uploaded data.

What would be the best place to place the cgi_error function, at the end of
the script or replace die() with it as this how to suggests (although is is
targeted more to making your own cgi_error system, but I think calling it
would work the same)
http://www.foo.be/docs/tpj/issues/vol3_1/tpj0301-0006.html?

> The CGI module creates a temporary file for the uploaded file before it
> is handled by your script (which would likely result in a filename like
> above).  It may be with this implicit step that you're having problems.
> Check options and permissions.

What exactly do I need to be looking for in options and permissions?
--
"We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other reason
than only freedom can make security more secure."  Karl Popper