On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 10:49 -0500, Adam Jimerson wrote:
> Matthew Whipple wrote:
>

> > The open must have failed.  You could work on getting a more descriptive
> > error message but I'd suggest starting with the the path and
> > permissions.  Also check to make sure existing files are handled
> > properly.  Make sure the path used is relative to its environment (if
> > the server is chrooted or anything).
> >

> If the open failed then wouldn't the die kick in and at least say something
> in the server logs?  Also how would one go around and get a more descriptive
> error message?  For testing reasons the path is pointing to /tmp which is
> world readable and writable, as for the file it seems the script is looking
> for something other than what I want rereading my logs I found this:

Sorry I glanced at the wrong open statement regarding the above advice.
You may however want to use the cgi_error function to catch some
potential problems with uploaded data.

> upload: print() on closed filehandle OUTFILE at /srv/www/cgi-bin/upload line
> 47, <fh00001myfile.html> line 46.
> What is with the fh00001 in front of the file?

The CGI module creates a temporary file for the uploaded file before it
is handled by your script (which would likely result in a filename like
above).  It may be with this implicit step that you're having problems.
Check options and permissions.