From: bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com
[mailto:bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com] On Behalf Of
steveaschett...@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:49 AM
To: BES Admin Users Group
Subject: [Bes-admins] iPhones overheating while connecting to an
Exchangeserver

iPhone question of the day.   I hate supporting these things... Anyone
else seen this happen?

I have 2 users whose iPhones are both turning super hot and whose
battery is draining in a matter of hours  Apple replaced them both, and
the new devices are doing the same thing.

The weird thing is--if I delete their account that connects to our
Exchange server (via our Exchange 2003 SP2 front-end / OWA server) the
iPhones cool right down and the battery lasts all day..  Its almost as
if the constant sync'ing with Exchange is causing them to heat up and
drain the battery.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Thanks