Upgraded a user to OS 4 for the iPhone.  There is now a sync interval setting.
Set it to 15 minutes, and the iphone is no longer hot... Will report back on
battery life.  wi-fi is disabled FYI

________________________________
From: Lynn Sturgis <lstur...@cresapartners.com>
To: "A list for BES Admin's to discuss issues, etc."
<bes-admins@dataoutages.com>
Sent: Wed, June 23, 2010 1:18:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Bes-admins] iPhones overheating while connecting to
anExchangeserver

We
use Exchange with our iPhones - about 50 or so people.  They don't overheat at
all.  As for battery life - wi-fi is a big killer.  I turn it off unless I'm
doing some serious data download.  Also - auto brightness helps.

Lynn Sturgis
Technical Advisor

CresaPartners
THE TENANT'S ADVANTAGE
11726
San Vicente Blvd., Suite 500| Los Angeles,
California  90049
866-273-7243
Help Desk
www.cresapartners.com