From: bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com
[mailto:bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com] On Behalf Of Michael McDonald
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 11:34 AM
To: bes-admins@dataoutages.com
Subject: [Bes-admins] Migration

Hello,

I want to upgrade my  BES  4.1 on an old hardware to BES 5.0  ( on a new
hardware) by using knife-edge cutover.

I want to make sure that the users will not require re-activation, and i dont
want to use the bulk mode of the transporter tool.

Can you please guide me step by step to upgrade bes 4.1 to 5.0 with installing
on a new server and upgrading the existing configuration database?

I have checked one of the forums about some SQL changes but i don't want to
risk my environment , please have a look on these changes and tell me is it
valid :

http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/forums/general-bes-discussion/5176-knife-edge-cutover-4-1-5-0-a.html

THX