Hi Sandy

Thank you for the feedback on your use cases.

For now will remain L2 MLAG to the host.

BESS WG,

If anyone hears of any new developments on vxlan fabric extension to
hypervisor and any vendors supporting even 3rd party open source
implementations of fabric extensions please reach out to me.

As an aside when reading RFC 8365 NVO3 section 7  it kind of gets excited
by the subject heading “single homed NVE residing in Hypervisor” or section
8 MH NVE in TOR server - thinking that maybe fabric extension to hypervisor
does actually exist but of course the let down that no vendor supports it.

It does seem there would be a lot of customers wanting this fabric
extension to hypervisor capabilities for MH load balancing- and very
surprising that it does not exist.

Kind regards

Gyan Mishra
Verizon