Learnincurve wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My LMS 7.9 and touch (using latest firmware) with EDO play through
> COAX into a Cambridge audio Azur 640 surround receiver, that I use for
> both music (from the touch) and multimedia.
>
> Although I am quite pleased with the sound, the coaxial input is limited
> to 24 bit / 96KHz.
>
> I am now starting to collect some Hi Rez material, including dsf/dff
> files and have installed the dsd player plugin v.1.0
>
> The touch seems to play the tracks quite happily
>
> I have tried various settings on the file type and squeezebox DSDPlayer
> configuration interfaces. Most result in nasty white noise from the
> "dac"/decoder, while disabling DFF  | DFF and DSF | DSF and choosing
> dsdplay for DFF | FLAC and DSF | FLAC did give me (very muffled and
> faint) sound out.
>

> DOP on or off gives no noticable difference.
>

> So I am left with three options:
>
> 1. (Ideally) Buy a DSD-capable DAC and play back through that. This
> would have to be extreme budget equipment at present, but any
> suggestions gratefully received.
> 2. Can I resample the output from the touch, using the Soxr settings on
> the DSDPlayer config for the touch?  I can't find any description of
> settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or suggest
> settings I could try?
> 3. (least favourite solution). I ca down-sample the source files using
> dsf2flac, but would prefer not to do this, in case I go for option 1
> later.
>
> I'd be really glad of any help or advice that anyone can give.
>
> BR.

Hi BR,

Edo on the SBT gives 24/192 max on both spdif outputs.

Looking at the spec for your receiver I can see no USB input which would
be needed for DSD in direct form.

One of the cheapest DSD dacs that work with the SBT usb output is 'this
' (http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/nano-idsd/)

There are lots more if you google.

Ignore the people who tell you not to bother as you are only buying
padded out files :p;):D.

Enjoy your music.

If you are in the UK pm me and I can post a couple for you to try (if
your not in a hurry :) ).

atb

ronnie