Learnincurve wrote:
> Thanks for that. I'm in a Linux-only house but have tried a number of
> dsd files, including some samples, at different rates, from
> http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html.
>
> Have also tried converting dff files (which don't produce sound) to
> flac files (at various sample rates), which do up to the supported rate.
> DST to DSD conversion (uncompressing) deson't help either.  As the
> player itself  chews through the files and "plays" them (with no sound
> except something that sounds like bird-chatter) from the dac, I suspect
> that the problem is with the linux support for the chip.  I see that
> some changes have been made to the snd_usb module since Linux 2.6.22 /
> 2.6.26, so was wondering if there's any way to rebuild the module with
> some backported patches and load it on the touch.
>
> On the other hand it may be as simple as me misunderstanding how to
> make the settings (filetypes and player) work.
>
> BR.
>
> --Marius--

Hi again,

I have contacted the chip manufacturer, so will see what responses are
given.

If it turns out that I need to backport more recent version of the
snd_usb module on my touch, does anyone know where I can find a kernel
config and possible patches for the 2.6.26 kernel that I have installed
(I'm currently using Triode's EDO and USB kernels, which does complicate
matters as I don't think is config and patches are available).  Does
anyone here have any experience of compiling kernels for the Touch?
If,so, I'd be very glad of any advice.

BR.